Thursday, November 15, 2007

iPods, Flipflops and CEOs

Phil Wright sent me a link to a really interesting video clip from last week's "60 Minutes" about issues of incorporating Millennials into the work place. He thought it might be helpful as we think about reaching this same generation for Christ and I think he is right. (It is also helpful to read some of the comments to the clip.) But it did bring several questions to my mind and I'd love your thoughts:
o Are the generalizations put forward by this segment true for all Millennials? One thing that struck me was that all of the young folks in this segment were upper middle class and highly education. What about the Millennials in our congregation who are working a couple of jobs, going to school, and managing a household?
o Are some of the “problems” mentioned here really problems? Dress? Flexibility? Priorities?
What are your thoughts?

No comments: