Monday, February 25, 2008

National Pastors Convention

Well, I'm here! The weather is warm and beautiful and now I'm keeping myself busy until my first session with Dan Kimball.

I guess I knew this was a big event but I really didn't realize the size and scope of everything. And they have this wonderful HUGE bookstore and everything is 50% off -- pray for me to have wisdom in my purchases (not too mention San Diego's largest mall is in the back of the hotel!).

This afternoon I had time to somewhat plan out the seminars that I plan to attend. So here is my tentative plan:
Tonight and tomorrow morning : Dan Kimball -- They Like Jesus But Not the Church
Tomorrow afternoon: Conquering the Quarter life crisis: helping the Next Generation Fall in Love and Stay in Love with Jesus
Wednesday afternoon: The Great Emergence: The Church's 500-year Rummage Sale -- Tony Jones and Phyllis Tickle
Thursday morning: Experiencing God in Worship
Friday morning: The Great Awakening: Reviving Faith and Politics in a Post-Religious Right America -- Jim Wallis

In addition to this wonderful list of General Session Speakers: Erwin McManus, Chuck Colson, NT Wright, John Ortberg among others. Music by Ken Medema and House of Blues Sunday Choir.

All in all . . .I'm excited. My biggest regret is that I am here alone and I have no one to bounce ideas around with!

I am so thankful for those who made this trip possible!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so wish I could be there! What a great conference with some of my favorite preachers who I listen to on-line when I get the chance. Drink it all in and experience those living waters! AND, if you get the chance find a group and go up to La Hoya for dinner ... a beautiful place no one should miss while in San Diego. Have fun; can't wait to hear all you experience.