Saturday, September 29, 2007

Worship Evangelism

As I’ve returned to Worship Evangelism after setting the book aside for a few years, I am aware of a couple of things. First, a lot has changed since the early/mid 90s. Even Sally Morgenthaller is backing off some of her premises (see the article to the right Worship as Evangelism) because she feels that the idea that we evangelize through worship was used as an excuse to avoid getting out in the world and making a difference for Christ. Second, reading this book now after nearly two years of working closely with the C&C service, I see her predicting many of the challenges we have faced (and are facing) since 2001 in that service. And finally, I still think her theological reflections on worship are still very, very valid.

I hope that you will take the time to get a copy of her book and read it. But I do plan to share some of what I feel are the highlights of her book—especially those that relate to what we should seek to do in any service and especially what I pray we would do in this new service.

So come join me in this journey and please feel free to share your thoughts, questions, ideas, etc.!

No comments: